Adding a user to Google Analytics is easy!
- Log in to Google Analytics with your usual login credentials
- Click on the “gear” icon or the word “Admin” in the lower left of the screen
- At the Account level (the far left column of choices), click on “User Management”
- In the pop-up overlay, click on the blue circle with a white “plus” sign in the top right corner
- Enter the email address of the person you want to add (it has to be an email that can log into a Google account, whether or not it’s a gmail account)
- Specify the level of privileges you want to assign to the user in the lower part of the screen that appears
- Click “Add” (blue button at the top right of the screen)
This is just one of the how to’s that we need to walk new clients through when we start serving their digital marketing program. So, to make it easier to see the instructions that are relevant, we created a playlist of 7 videos that will show you how to add a user to:
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Google Ads
- Google My Business
- Google Merchant Center
- WordPress Dashboard
- YouTube Channel
If you’ve just started in digital marketing delegation, whether to an agency or employees, you’ll have to share access to critical properties. NEVER pass around your credentials to do that. These videos show you a better way.
(Do you need a video that we haven’t made yet? Tell us in the comments!)
To Our Agency Friends: Feel Free to User these Resources for Your New Clients
Below the embedded playlist below, there’s a link to the playlist itself. These videos are meant to be useful to our clients, but if they add value to your operation, we certainly don’t mind you sharing them.
Care to share?
Here’s a shareable link to the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9rAOPzj1j1VfqFqbs8Ov7qO7LlVdW1HB
Just need to access a specific “How to Grant Access” video?
Here are some direct links you can use:
- How to Grant Someone Access to Your Google My Business Account
- How to Add A User to Your WordPress Website Dashboard
- How to Grant Someone Access to Your Google Search Console
- How to Grant Access to a Google Ads Account
- How to Grant Someone Access to Google Analytics
- How to Grant Access to Google Merchant Center
- How to Grant Access to Your YouTube Channel
Or, copy the code below and you can embed the full playlist on your own website customer service page.
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PL9rAOPzj1j1VfqFqbs8Ov7qO7LlVdW1HB&rel=0" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"> </iframe>
Ross Barefoot got his start in small business managing an importing company in the bicycle industry. While there, he tried his hand at programming to find more effective ways to track, market and sell his company’s range of bicycle parts. He loved the web marketing side of things so much he became a professional web developer in 2001, starting a website design business in Western Colorado. He took his first SEO certification course from the Search Engine Academy in 2002, followed it up with another in 2004, and decided to jump full time into SEO training and consulting in 2011, becoming a Master Certified Instructor with the Search Engine Academy, where he continues to serve on the Board of Directors. Today, Ross is CTO, trainer and chief SEO strategist at Horizon Web Marketing (www.horizonwebmarketing.com), a full-service digital marketing agency based in Las Vegas.