Getting a promotion at work could involve working fewer hours plus a little thought. Read on.
Hi, This is Roy.
Welcome to my next 1-minute message, designed
for short-attention-span people (like me).
(For those not familiar with this, here are short sound-bites
in business and internet marketing, in 1-minute format.)
Today’s message: How to Get A Promotion at Work (without working longer)
- What matters the most in getting promoted
- 60% how aware others are of your work
- 30% how others perceive you at work
- 10% how well you actually perform
- Ask your boss what are the most profitable products and services
- Find out who got promoted and why. Then emulate. (For example their communication skills might be superb.)
To view the entire article, click here (from cashnetusa.com).
Roy Nakamura is the founder and CEO of Horizon Web Marketing. Before becoming an Entrepreneur, Roy spent 25 years in Silicon Valley corporate finance, holding the position of CFO with multi-national corporations. He is a graduate of the University of Chicago Booth School of Business with an MBA in finance and also has passed the CPA exam. Additionally, Roy holds a BS in engineering and a Masters degree in journalism, and has board-level experience with United Way and Financial Executives International. In 2008 Roy was named “Business Person of the Year” by the Las Vegas Asian Chamber of Commerce.