Learn how managers can use emotional intelligence to create a happier, more productive workplace.
Hi, This is Roy.
Welcome to my next 1-minute message, designed
for short-attention-span people (like me).
(For those not familiar with this, here are short sound-bites
in business and internet marketing, in 1-minute format.)
Today’s message: How To Use Emotional Intelligence To Motivate Employees
- Leaders scoring high on emotional intelligence were in the top third of annual salary and bonuses
- Motivators that work include:
- Mobilizing people toward a vision
- Creating emotional bonds and harmony
- Building consensus through participation
- Developing people for the future
To view the entire article, click here
Roy Nakamura is the founder and CEO of Horizon Web Marketing. Before becoming an Entrepreneur, Roy spent 25 years in Silicon Valley corporate finance, holding the position of CFO with multi-national corporations. He is a graduate of the University of Chicago Booth School of Business with an MBA in finance and also has passed the CPA exam. Additionally, Roy holds a BS in engineering and a Masters degree in journalism, and has board-level experience with United Way and Financial Executives International. In 2008 Roy was named “Business Person of the Year” by the Las Vegas Asian Chamber of Commerce.