Corporate SEO Training That’s “All Business”
We get it. You’re tired of trusting your digital marketing fate to an outsource SEO provider who provides everything but results. Or, you’re tried of seeing your team struggle with Search Engine Optimization (or train themselves during spare moments by watching YouTube videos). But first, before you take action to get your team the SEO training they need, you need to answer the following question (we promise, it’s painless):
Multiple Choice Question. Do you want to train your staff on
- A) Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- B) Achieving Business Goals with Your Website
If you selected “A,” you’ll find in-house SEO training from lots of companies. If you are more interested in “B,” then this is the training you want.
Effective Corporate SEO Training is About a Mindset
The field of SEO is often afflicted with a mentality that favors results that are irrelevant to you as a business manager. For example, so what if you rank number one for Speckled Monkey Cobra? If a ranking brings you no business, it’s merely a vanity metric. But much of SEO training focuses on such vanity metrics.
In our training we start by conducting an interview to learn about your business. We determine what issues you face, the knowledge level and experience of your staff, and what stands in the way of achieving every one of your digital marketing – and business – goals.
Once we have a clear understanding of your business and your team, only then can we start planning out the best curriculum for your particular situation. But once again, the training is focused on achieving BUSINESS results, not SEO results.
All of our Corporate SEO training is designed and taught by our CTO and lead SEO strategist, Ross Barefoot. Ross is a Certified Master SEO Trainer with the Search Engine Academy, a world-wide alliance of SEO instructors.
(Click here to see a typical 5-day curriculum)
Ross spent 25 years in import-export business management before switching to website development and Search Engine Optimization, where he now has 20 years of experience, including 10 years experience teaching real business people real world SEO skills.
By combining a strong business background with decades of SEO experience, Ross is able to present concepts to your team that make sure your Search optimization remains business-centric rather than technology-centric.
Our Standard 5-Day In House SEO Training
We customize this agenda to suit your needs. We provide this list of SEO topics as a general overview of a typical program.
Day 1 – Level: Introductory
- “What is SEO in 2018, and How Can it Benefit the Organization?
- A 6-Step System for Getting SEO Done
- Introductory How-To: Keyword Research
- Creating Content for Humans (yes, Humans!)
- Google Initiatives: Panda, Hummingbird, RankBrain
- Content Rewrites for On Page Optimization
- Getting Content into the Search Engine Indexes
- Benchmarking and Monitoring: An Introduction to Analytics and Search Console
Day 2 – Level: Introductory
- Workflow Advantage: Work in Ranges of Pages
- Linking Strategies: Internal Linking
- Linking Strategies: External Link Building
- Key Concepts: Authority and Relevance
- How to Clean Up a Link Profile
- The Impact of Penguin
- Site Maps
- How to Stay Out of Trouble with the Search Engines
- Leveraging the Power of a Blog
- On Site Optimization for Local Search
- The Role of Creativity in Your SEO Programs
Day 3 – Level: Advanced
- Advanced Keyword Research
- Symantec Search and Natural Language Processing
- Rankbrain and its Effect on Content
- Mobile Search and SEO
- How to Leverage Video for SEO
- Advanced Local SEO
- Information Architecture
- Personalization of Search
Day 4 – Level: Advanced
- Google AdWords Overview
- AdWords Campaigns, Ad Groups, Ads Setup
- AdWords: Planning Your Campaigns
- Display Ads and Remarketing
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
Day 5 – Level: Advanced
- Google Penguin in Depth
- Structured Data and SEO
- Assorted Technical SEO Issues
- Competitive Intelligence for SEO
- Persuasive Copywriting
- Press Releases and SEO
- Social Media and SEO