White Hat Link Building Services
A few good backlinks can mean the difference between being on page one or not being found. They’re that powerful. Quality backlinks to the content on your website are a key trust and authority factor used by search engines to value your website.
And, just as importantly, or more so since so much of this is still going on, low quality backlinks and particularly large numbers of them can severely harm your rankings.
Contact us to learn more about our white hat link building services.
Good Links, Bad Links
In the old days, it was easy. The more links your SEO guy could “buy”, the better. You could link to anyone, anywhere. Only a few years ago, cheap link building was the basis for most SEO companies. Google caught on to this, which was essentially just a way for a bad website to manipulate it’s way to the top of rankings, and has completely changed the rules around link building.
So what is a “good” organic link?
A good organic back link is one that is:
1. Relevant to your website, preferably in a field related to your own, one that would know and appreciate the quality of the content on the page on your site they are recommending by providing a link. For example, a good link for a construction company would be from a site that sells homes, construction materials, appliances or something similar.
2. High “page rank”, or a website that Google places high value in because it is trustworthy and authoritative. This is why a link from say, a .gov or .edu site (government or educational institution) is more valuable than a link from your buddy who owns the pizza parlor next door and linked because you asked him.
How to get a Good Organic Link
Good links take a lot of work to obtain. They involve several elements, all of which take time and effort to complete. Here is some of our link building process:
- Create great content – without something interesting to link to, not many sites today would be interested in giving you a backlink
- Research possible target sites – this process involves evaluating the links of your competitors with SEO tools and selecting some that might also work for you. Or, we use various tools to find and evaluate high authority sites related to your field that we might approach.
- Make contact and build relationships – link building is now a complex process and most website owners do not want to be bothered with requests for links. What’s needed is exchange of information and ideas to build interest, offering content of value to the target website and building a relationship with an individual who can help you get the link done.
- Social Media – social media is a great tool for getting links, but it requires a lot of work to keep the topic front and center to make sure that the content you are marketing is picked up and results in a good, permanent or long-term link.
Link building is no longer done through blog comments, or buying links or accumulating junk links. It takes persistent effort and creativity to be successful. But good link building is an important component of a successful SEO campaign.
If you are interested in finding out more about our white hat link building services, please contact us.