New “Online Basics for Business” Course from Horizon Academy
Why Don't I Show Up On Google?
And...What to Do About It!
By the end of these lessons,
you will understand:
How Google sees your website
How you might be confusing Google
Websites listing your business might be hurting you
Here’s the key insights you’ll gain from this course:
- How Google sees your website
- How you might be confusing Google without even knowing you’re doing it
- Dozens of websites are probably already listing your business without your knowledge, and how they are doing it might be hurting your chances with Google
- The one service you absolutely can’t live without (and it’s nothing we sell!)
- The importance of secondary listings on websites like Facebook and Yelp
- What it means for your website to be “Search Engine Friendly“
- The two fundamentals of search engine rankings you cannot ignore
Who this course is designed for:
- Non-technical Small business owners
- Non-technical Marketing people
- Non-technical Corporate managers
- This course is not designed to make you some sort of SEO expert – you have a business to run!
Bonus courses. With this course you’ll get an additional 240 minutes of foundational SEO training:
- Google My Business – What Owners and Managers Need to Know (70 minutes)
- Basic Keyword Research Fundamentals (67 minutes)
- Introduction to Robots.txt for Non-technical People (16 minutes)
- Introduction to Browser Extensions (11 minutes)
- Making your Website Search Friendly with Google Search Console (67 minutes)
- How to Verify Your Website in Google Search Console (20:56)
About The Instructor
Ross Barefoot has 19 years of experience in website programming and development, and 13 years of experience in Search Engine Optimization and Marketing (SEO/SEM).
Ross is a SEA Certified Master Level Instructor with the Search Engine Academy and serves on its board of directors and educational committee.
Ross has been with Horizon Web Marketing since 2012 as chief SEO strategist and trainer, and in 2014 took on the role of CTO. He uses his industry expertise to set client strategies, troubleshoot difficult SEO issues, and keep our staff trained and up to date on cutting-edge SEO techniques so we deliver the best possible results for our clients.
About The Lessons
The Problem: Google Is Ignoring Your Website (5:52)
The 3 Components of Ranking Success (11:42)
Diagnosing Search Engine Friendliness Issues (3:47)
Diagnosing Relevancy Issues (8:50)
Diagnosing Website Authority and Trust Issues (6:09)
What You’ll Need to Fix Things (3:28)
Making Your Website Search Engine Friendly (3:35)
Making Your Website Relevant (18:27)
Increasing Your Website Authority Through Backlinks (10:17)
Improving Trust Through Consistency (13:34)
Additional Resources (4:54)
Frequently Asked Questions