The Only Problem with Google Search Console (formerly Webmaster Tools)
The only problem you might have with setting up Google Search Console is the verification process. Google wants you to prove that you are authorized for any property you want to analyze or manage with the Search Console.
In this video I will walk you through the basic ways you can verify your website in Search Console using each of 4 different ways.
If you already know the method you want to use to verify your Search Console account with your website, but simply need a quick demo, use the table of contents I’ve included below:
Jump to a specific verification method demonstration:
- Verification using a domain name registrar – 6:21
- Using HTML file upload – 7:46
- Using an HTML tag (example with WordPress) – 11:41
- Using Google Analytics – 16:13
- Using Google Tag Manager – Not covered (if you know how to use Tag Manager you probably don’t need this video anyway)